Freelance Income & Traffic Report: January 2021
January 28, 2021
Hello internet friends! I’m back to share my first freelance income and traffic report of 2021! January was a phenomenal way to kick off the year, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Socially Taylored these next few months. I have so many projects that I’ve been working on for months finally launching within the coming weeks and I’m excited to finally share them with you all. So, without further ado- let’s dive into the highlights and investments of January!
As always, here’s the disclaimer that I have chosen to not disclose or itemize my client income. I’m also not disclosing if it is pre- or post-tax income. Everyone has different expenses and each state has different tax laws to account for. You guys don’t know my life, so please be kind if you’re going to comment on my finances.
New here? Catch up with a little background on my journey to becoming a full-time freelancer here!
WHY AM I DOING FREELANCE INCOME REPORTS?
When I first started freelancing, my favorite blog posts to read were Becca Booker’s Freelance Income Reports. Becca was always transparent about her finances and where she was at in her business- which I GREATLY appreciated when I was first starting out. It made the dream of freelancing full-time seem more realistic and attainable, and they always motivated me to improve my business. So, here I am hoping to give you guys that same feeling.
I pride myself on being a very transparent person. I like to think my blog & business reflects that as well. I strive to show you guys the good, the bad, and the ugly of entrepreneurship. With these reports, I’m able to show you guys what worked, what didn’t, and how I re-strategize my approach on a month to month basis. I hope these inspire you to better your own biz 😊
*My expenses will vary month to month. I make variable cost decisions on a month-to-month basis, and as my biz continues to grow my expenses will increase.
- Canva – $12.95/month
- Honeybook CRM System – $1/month (I signed up during a promo. This expense will increase to $40/month in April 2021)
- Zoom Video Conferencing – $15.89/month
- Zencastr – $20/month (new monthly bill for an upcoming project launching very soon 😉)
- Later – $25/month (this is my all time FAVORITE social media scheduling tool)
- Tailwind – $14.99/month (this is my favorite tool for all things Pinterest)
- Wave Accounting – $0/month (they have an AMAZING free plan)
- Trello – $0/month (this is my IG/Blog brainstorm + task management tool. Has an amazing free plan for solopreneurs, but if you have a team I’d look into Asana, Monday, or ClickUp)
- Bank Fees – $179.58
- This next one is an investment– not an expense. I hired a new consultant/coach to help me start and finish a huge project I’ve been working on and just need extra help with. This is my first of 3 payments to her. It takes money to make money! – $1,685.00
Total Investment: $1,739.84
BIG WINS FOR THE MONTH:
- Hit my first $5K month! Up next is $10K 🤩
- Officially launched Facebook Ads for a new client! I’m currently managing and strategizing her Facebook Ads funnels for her podcast.
- Landed a literal DREAM client. I’ve been a customer of hers for quite some time now, and the fact that I get to help her grow her business a dream come true.
- Re-launched Facebook Ads for a client that started with me back in November. I love when former project-based clients come back to me for more work 💕
- Continued working with Homemade Social as a Homie from Home. I’m managing Facebook Ads for 4 (soon to be 5) of her paid ads clients right now!
- Put on my big girl pants and got an accountant to help me with taxes. This has been a HUGE stressor on me and I’m so happy to finally have some expert guidance.
- Gained 70+ new followers over on the Socially Taylored Instagram! This is 100% because of Clubhouse. This app has done incredible things for my business this past month.
- And finally (and most exciting IMO), made moves to hire my first employee!! She starts with me in February as my new content manager and I cannot tell you guys how excited I am to have her. She’s an AMAZING graphic designer (which is a skill I think I lack personally). Our clients graphics are seriously about to level up!!
- Blog & Biz Stats:
- Leads: 12!! January was INSANE for leads. Every month I feel like I hit my new record for how many leads I bring in (again- all thanks to Clubhouse this month)
- Blog posts: 0 (January was a very busy month and the blog was on the back burner 😅)
- Pageviews – 1,552
- Posts With The Highest Views –
- Affiliate Income – $0
- Email Subscribers – 16
- Collaborated With:
- Youth to the People
- Not Pot
- Collab Income – $100.99
Total Income: $3,872.58 (which just goes to show you that just because you hit a $5K or even $10K month doesn’t mean you take home alllllll that money)
If you have any questions about any of this or are interested in any of my social media services, fill out my form here and I’ll be in touch. I’m always happy to help!
xx – Taylor